Sunday, December 5, 2010

Send me a letter

Envelope bags
Celine envelope tote, Aspina of London envelope wrap journal, Celine envelope chain bag, Celine envelope bag, Aspina of London photo & receipt envelope, YSL Y-mail clutch, Michael Kors croc envelope clutch, Alexander Wang Jena clutch, Ted Baker metal scallop leopard clutch

Celine FW 2010

I cannot get enough of envelope clutches- especially the ones with the pointed flaps. They remind me of the years gone by when people sat down- with a paper and pen, no less - and actually wrote letters to one another. As a gen Y-er, I missed out on the bulk of the real letter-sending, but I can still remember the thrill I got when, whilst rummaging through the straight-edged bills, I came across the pointed flap of a personally addressed letter. Whether it be the minimal gold detail of Celine's envelope bags, the added zips on the newest covetable Wang-bag or (from the range that started it all) the patent leather of the YSL Y-mail clutch, these bags make me nostalgic for the days of letters. Maybe it's the contradiction of this old-school charm with today's clean lines and unfussy details that make for a nice pairing, but whatever it is, I just cannot get enough of these gorgeous bags. Trust the eternally stylish Miss Palermo (with her Hermès of course) to be getting in on the (albeit straight) envelope action.

Not wanting to spend my life savings on a crocodile skin bag (cough, Olivia, cough) my next envelope of choice? This leopard buck skin clutch bag from Zara. Just one of the many reasons I cannot wait for their 2011 Australian opening. Happy New Year indeed.


1 comment:

  1. omg! this collage is fabulous.. the celine and the ysl were both at djs and i drooled over them for many a working hour until they were both sold and my problems solved.. but still.. im a little sad.

    X

    ReplyDelete